Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Our focus is on long-form, written content that helps companies educate their audience (executives, managers, and other specialized professionals in their field) on strategies and tactics for being successful in their work. Product, design, marketing, sales, and engineering are the main topic areas we cover.
For this role, we're looking for experienced writers with a passion for founders, storytelling, and technology. This role requires writers to be able to confidently conduct interviews with founders and CEOs of multi-billion dollar companies, and to use their analytical and narrative abilities to turn these stories into successful content.
An ideal Thought Leadership Writer
- Is passionate and knowledgeable about all aspects of running a business, including management, leadership, fundraising, finding product-market fit, and growth
- Has a deep understanding of distribution channels like Twitter, Hacker News, LinkedIn, and Reddit— and a track record of producing successful content for those channels
- Has a minimum of 2-3+ years of experience pitching, writing, editing, and publishing long-form content (1,500+ words) on deadline
- Can independently generate original, insightful content ideas that help our customers achieve their goals
- Has experience with ghostwriting and is confident in their ability to adapt their writing style to match an idiosyncratic voice and point of view
- Is able to take feedback from editors and revise their work on a tight schedule
We’re a fully remote company with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity in our company.
About the Position
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote position. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional or academic endeavors.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can schedule overlap with Pacific Time business hours when needed for customer calls
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary (up to 12 weeks) and secondary (up to 6 weeks) care providers
- Monthly health and wellness stipend for a gym subscription or other wellness resource
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences