Graylog is a leading enterprise log management system that enables fast and efficient problem analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations and DevOps. Our enterprise product enables large organizations to capture, store and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time, while our open source project empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We are a fast growing company with locations in Germany and headquarters in Houston, TX, serving customers all over the world.
At Graylog, you will find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of customers with the best solution and customer service available!
Graylog is looking for an Information Development Manager to help build and maintain a modern knowledge base of technical product content that improves the user experience and helps customers expand their use of Graylog, maximizing the value they receive. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing to ensure a comprehensive approach across all Graylog content and audiences, minimize duplication of efforts, and to be deeply embedded in the product release process.
- Own all Graylog product documentation
- Design, develop, and maintain technical content deliverables in many formats to best meet users' needs, including video tutorials to explain complex information
- Deliver innovative content solutions including embedded user assistance, software guides, technical references, KB articles, how-to and use case material using software tools recommended and evaluated by you
- Evaluate current product documentation and build a strategic plan for improving information development and the technical writing process moving forward
- Work closely with Technical Product Evangelist, Customer Training, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Support, and Solution Engineering teams to ensure that documentation is aligned with their needs
- Collaborate with the entire Marketing Team to distribute technical content through publicly-available online documentation, website, Demand Gen, social media, events, and Sales channels while ensuring technical accuracy of content created by others on the Marketing team
- Install and work with pre-Beta software
- Participate in backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning, and design discussions with the Engineering team to document software changes prior to release
- Current on the latest InfoDev approaches
- Experience working with content standards, such as style and voice and tone guidelines
- A basic understanding of content principles related to structuring for readability, writing for an audience, and content as part of a content journey or funnel moving the reader toward actions
- Proficiency with Virtual Machines, Linux, MongoDB, and/or Elasticsearch helpful to work independently with pre-Beta versions of Graylog
- Previous experience working with log data, log management, or SIEM systems preferred
- Enjoys writing about technical concepts, has great analytical skills, and will be comfortable explaining how Graylog works to a range of audiences - Open Source users, Enterprise customers, prospects and evaluators
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Excellent, highly creative writing and critical-thinking skills, a superior attention to detail, and commitment to quality
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal/relationship management skills
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly with detailed technical content, and to stay current with new product developments
- Ability to perform in a high-energy and highly demanding work environment where change is a constant and deadlines hit fast
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Design, Information Science or a technical field
- 10+ years in informational development with security or ITOps solutions or hands-on experience with a Security/ ITOps platform
- Experience in use of video editing software, Madcap Flare, structured Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Captivate, HTML, or similar
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate documentation targeted at infrastructure operations and/or security engineering teams
- Willingness to regularly travel to our Houston, TX office. An annual company-wide offsite takes place in either Germany or the USA (once travel restrictions are lifted)
- Team oriented way of working, sharing knowledge and learning about relevant topics
Apply now and you will hear back from us soon.