Join a fast-growing start-up and help us with our mission to Safeguard Civilization!
Are you self-motivated and driven? Are you invigorated by the idea to work on various projects and with interesting people across a company? Are you articulate, meticulous, and have a keen eye for technical documentation (can be home lab or project-based)? Would you enjoy working with different departments of varying complexities, creating technical documents, and troubleshooting? We offer the opportunity to know that your work is contributing to a greater mission with global impact. All from the comfort of your own home.
Dragos is looking for a Technical Writer Intern who will work closely with various teams to read, review, and create technical documents. These documents will be a part of client-facing projects and will require a creative and meticulous eye. You will be responsible for creating technical documents that will aid in the transfer of information between departments and clients. Your end goal is to learn from a seasoned Technical Writer and help ensure we deliver the best documentation for seamless transfer of information with the highest level of quality. Are you up for the challenge?
Dragos does not require any degrees or certifications and encourages people from all backgrounds who meet the requirements to apply. Must be US Based and eligible to work without restrictions.
- Read, review, and edit technical documents (user guides, administration guides, and so on)
- Validate and test documents for usability
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and take the lead in resolving them
- Work closely with different departments to collect technical information pertaining to current projects
- Create technical documents that capture gathered information
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mature, self-motivated, with a willingness to learn
- Takes initiative
- Ability to manage own time effectively and efficiently
- Some desktop publishing software experience (MS Word, and some experience formatting documents using styles, tables, graphics, headers, footers, index entries, and so on)
Compensation and Work Hours
- Interns are expected to work no more than 20 hours a week from September 6, 2022 through December 16, 2022
- $20/ hour
- A laptop and necessary software will be provided
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical to our success as we defend against adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.