Technical writers make Airtable’s product accessible and easy to use with clear, visual, educational content for technical and non-technical audiences. Technical writers address common use-cases by creating documentation with relatable examples in Airtable’s Help Center and through customer education in our Community Forum.
As a Technical Writer on our Customer Support team, you’ll help drive and execute against a roadmap of Self Serve Support opportunities by creating and updating web-based documentation based on customer needs and usage data. You’ll partner closely with Engineering, Product, and Marketing to address common questions and pre-empt likely questions as new features are launched.
You must be collaborative and curious, enjoy helping and learning from individuals in our Community Forum, and take satisfaction in supporting our broad customer base in our Help Center. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and view each piece of work as an opportunity to learn and improve.
We need exceptional writers and visual communicators with solid technical competency and an eagerness to take on new challenges - be it partnering on a developer-facing article that challenges you to learn about a new coding language or refining a community moderation policy based on interactions you have in the Community Forum.
The ideal candidate enjoys learning about new technology and helping others apply it. As a technical writer, your job will be to empower and unblock Airtable users, guiding them on a path to achieve their goals and giving users the confidence to share their creations.
What you’ll do
- Inform and execute on Customer Support’s Self Serve roadmap. Create repeatable scalable processes for maintaining documentation, participating in and moderating the community forum, and building cross-functional alignment.
- Manage stakeholder expectations while making informed prioritization decisions about work based on company goals and the team’s roadmap.
- Build trusted working relationships with Engineering, Product, and Customer Support to discuss technical details, surface customer opportunities, and solve problems.
- Produce clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to use Airtable effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the Self Serve Operations team to create a best in class Help Center.
- Collaborate with other writers and coordinate on the delivery of content around product launches.
- Help establish our style guide to create the best possible documentation for customers.
- Respond directly to user feedback and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve product documentation.
- Learn, teach, and communicate blockers and opportunities proactively.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience writing documentation for sophisticated enterprise software products, providing answering customer questions. Some experience in an Operations role preferred.
- Ability to manage time and priorities in a dynamic development environment at a high-growth company.
- Firsthand experience talking directly and regularly with customers.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and Markdown
- You have experience using Airtable
- (Nice to have) Experience with large information architecture projects
- (Nice to have) Experience with screen share and video production software.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.