Who you are
You are smart with humility. You’re a listener and learner. Keen and able to action all requested tasks perfectly. If you have questions in a meeting, you write them down and ask later (unless directed otherwise). You don’t know what you don’t know - and that’s what we expect!
You are customer obsessed. You’re learning what this means in your area of the business and how important it is to keep it top of mind.
You are up for a challenge. You’re learning how to be agile and open to change as we constantly look for new frontiers to conquer.
You enjoy the ride. You’re super positive about the opportunities Rokt enables for you. You are energized and excited about the learning journey you are on.
About the role:
The mission of this role is to ensure consistency of brand and tone across a diverse suite of product collateral. This will include translating complex product/engineering briefs into digestible, impactful sales materials that empower our business development and customer success teams in market.
Reporting into the VP of Product Marketing, the Technical writer role will collaborate closely with the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering and Product teams across the Rokt suite of products. Technical Writer is a high profile role where you will be the liaison between Marketing, Sales and Product for ecommerce site owners and performance marketers. Creating meaningful differentiated product messaging, driving impactful product launches and conducting competitive and market analysis.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Shape the Rokt message - reduce sales cycle time by 25%
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for an ever-evolving product.
- Own our knowledge base, FAQs, product release notes, and internal communications for product releases.
- Connect and align business outcomes to our product features and functionalities, and vice versa.
- Bridge our commercial and product teams - reduce time-to-market for new products by 20%
- Bring the voice of the user to our collateral, address their needs, solve their problems.
- Review, adapt and streamline launches with a focus on customer experience and driving commercial outcomes.
- Collaborate with our Sydney based Product Managers, Engineers, Architects, UX and the broader global team to craft messaging clearly articulating the value of Rokt products.
- Manage a high volume of projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Work with local and global leaders to shape and define the Go-to-Market strategy and execution plans to launch products and features globally.
Capabilities & requirements
- Background in Martech, Adtech, Data Science and/or Enterprise Technology.
- A strong portfolio of a broad range of detailed product documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences. Including technical collateral, demos, webinars and other supporting materials.
- Where you've used data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies
- Experience working on global product go-to market strategy and launches with cross-functional teams including examples of previous launches or feature releases.
- Structured communicator who enjoys working with both the technical and commercial sides of a business.
- You love to craft compelling stories in a fun and simple way.
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Can balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test, learn, and improve.
Resilience and tenacity:
- Adaptabile: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Efficiency: able to deliver significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Proactive: acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Persistence: demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get it done.
- Ability to develop other team members.
- Teamwork: works effectively with diverse geographically separated teams (clients and Rokt’stars). Able to build collaborative working relationships.
- Calm under pressure
- Communication: speaks and writes succinctly and clearly.
- Listening skills: seeks to understand others.
Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
Join a community. We believe in in-person, we enjoy each others’ company and we make meaningful connections with each other through global all-staff events, interest groups, sports clubs and social events.
Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ’Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years+
Stay happy and healthy.
- Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office, join the gym on us!
- 4% dollar for dollar 401K matching plan.
- Premium health insurance for your whole family including: a choice of six different Aetna health benefits plans, some of which are fully funded by Rokt; Flexible Spending
Account (FSA); Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D); Long Term Disability Coverage & Short Term Disability Coverage
Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - London, Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.