Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Are you a skilled writer and technology enthusiast pursuing a future in technical communication? The information engineering team at Starburst Data is seeking a summer intern to produce high-quality, external publications that help customers achieve their goals. You will apply your education and refine your technical writing skills with hands-on experience.
Throughout your internship, you’ll partner with and be mentored by senior information engineers, product managers, and designers. We expect that you’ll complete the internship with a quality piece you can showcase in your portfolio.
You get to work with Starburst Enterprise, and the Trino open source project, to improve the documentation. Have a look at https://docs.starburst.io to see what you will be working on!
This paid internship will span 12 weeks in Summer 2021.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers.
- Plan, create, and update technical documentation.
- Edit, clarify, and enhance the content experience.
- Learn and teach new technologies and technical concepts to others.
- Currently pursuing or recent graduate of a degree, intensive, or bootcamp in technical writing, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates how you used content to support a technical audience through an experience.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- The ability to work independently in a remote capacity, as well as within a team environment.
- Familiarity with Git/Github
- Familiarity with Markdown
- Knowledge of databases, SQL, object storage, and data analysis
- Ability to read source code written in Java
- Experience with HTML and CSS
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.