Itential is an innovative software and services company whose purpose is to help network operators simplify operations and realize the promise of automation.
The move to automation has been a lengthy and difficult journey. Despite its many promises, automation has introduced complexity to both networks and supporting applications. It has evolved from scripting and templates to models for network programmability. The introduction of this new automation foundation provides a new paradigm from which we can innovate together.
Our solutions leverage the latest thinking, open standards, open source software, vendor partners, and best practices to drive network operations and maximize the impact of automation.
We are seeking an upbeat, motivated Technical Writer Intern interested in technology and available to start in August or September. This position will be on-site. We're located in Midtown Atlanta.
- Perform initial review of new documentation needs, from concept to delivery with engineering team and then capture that in a quality document.
- Build/maintain internal Confluence site(s)
- Work to update Customer facing documentation on DevSite
- Utilize plugins to provide data from other systems where necessary
- Interfaces directly with internal customers/engineers to clarify requirements, articulate needs, update as necessary and maintain the overall health of all relevant documentation.
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree in English, Communications or Business (with a minor in Technology, preferred)
- Keen ability to write clearly, concisely about technical content meant for non-technical people
- Full understanding of the rules of grammar and how to apply those rules in writing
- Ability to communicate and interact well with SMEs to capture the technical content needed for write-ups
- Some talent in showing ideas graphically is a super plus (i.e., graphic design, visual design skills)
- Attention to detail with excellent task and timeline management skills
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office
- Ability and interest in learning new tools/technology and work within multiple tracking formats (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheets, etc.)
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of Web-based documentation tools (e.g. Confluence, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of computer technology.