Other comparable titles: Technical Author, Technical Content Writer, Technical Communicator, Information Architect
- Blue Yonder is a leading SaaS and AI-driven Global Supply Chain Solutions software product company, and a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” employer.
- We are seeking a technical writer to join the Documentation team where your focus will be to ensure customers realize value from their Blue Yonder Warehouse Management solutions by writing and publishing user documentation that is clear, concise, and accurate. You will be an integral part of the team that drives impact for global consumer goods manufacturers, retailers and 3PLs alongside AI and robotics enabled technology. Blue Yonder has been recognized by Gartner® as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant™ for Warehouse Management.
Scope Of Role
As an advocate of users of Blue Yonder software, you will:
- Provide clear, concise, and consistent documentation for all product-related deliverables.
- Ensure all documentation deliverables are user-friendly, accurate, harmonize with corporate branding and messaging, and meet contractual obligations.
Specifically, your role will be to write conceptual and procedural content for online help systems, installation guides, and technical manuals to support Warehouse Management solutions.
Our Current Technical Environment
- On prem environment: Microsoft Windows Server and UNIX/Linux (Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases)
- Cloud/SaaS environment: Microsoft Azure
What You’ll Do
- Work with a great team of professional writers that embrace Blue Yonder’s core values: Teamwork, Results, Relentless, and Empathy
- Under minimal supervision, write and publish high quality, well-tested product documentation in accordance with product release dates, functional scope, and standards for a suite of products in the Warehouse Management space
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and internal stakeholders in product development and product management to determine necessary content needs and updates
- Attend design review meetings and engage with subject matter experts to understand product designs that are being implemented
- Work in the agile software development processes, tools, and techniques used by product development to deliver content in an agile way
- Provide input regarding project scopes, estimates, and completion dates of assigned deliverables against a defined timeline
- Adhere to well-documented department processes and writing standards
- Collaborate with other technical writers in peer and copy editing to ensure quality
- Work with the global Documentation team on objectives to drive team process improvements
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or English, or equivalent years of experience in technical writing
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in writing software documentation and developing related forms of user assistance
- Expertise in written and verbal communication; prior editing experience a plus
- Experience in writing user documentation that includes conceptual information (overviews, process descriptions, and examples), procedures, and field descriptions
- Ability to learn and follow established guidelines to achieve a consistent tone throughout all documents
- Ability to interview subject matter experts and analyze design documents to effectively obtain the technical details required to write or update documentation
- Ability to accept new challenges and responsibilities with enthusiasm
- Ability to consistently meet aggressive deadlines and be part of a high-performance team
- Strong collaboration skills to work with multiple global teams
- Proficiency in these software applications: MadCap Flare (or other leading XML authoring and publishing tool) Source control system (such as Atlassian Bitbucket or GitHub) Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Microsoft Word Atlassian JIRA and Confluence (or other leading tracking and planning tools) Collaboration tools (such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Yammer)
- Experience in documenting applications that are SaaS/continuous delivery
- Experience in writing API documentation
- Experience in working with user experience designers, or UX writing (such as field labels, field descriptions, and error messages)
- Experience in video creation to accompany technical documentation
- Experience in supply chain or warehouse management software
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Diversity, Inclusion, Value & Equality (DIVE) is our strategy for fostering an inclusive environment we can be proud of. Check out Blue Yonder's inaugural Diversity Report which outlines our commitment to change, and our video celebrating the differences in all of us in the words of some of our associates from around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.