Note this role can be performed remotely - however applicants must be based in Australia.
We are looking for an energetic and capable writer who has a talent for communicating complex software systems and business processes to our often non-technical audiences in a variety of writing styles.
AlphaSys specialises in developing and providing Salesforce based solutions to the for-purpose community including fundraisers, schools, associations and services delivery organisations.
This is a full-time position available immediately with salary and package to be negotiated depending upon skills and experience.
The role will create and maintain software documentation, training course materials, sales and marketing collateral and other communication devices for the growing range of market segments we provide solutions for.
We are a rapidly growing organisation, currently with over 120 staff in two countries. Our communications requirements are constantly evolving into new segments. You will be expected to enthusiastically embrace new challenges and opportunities as they arise.
Experience using Salesforce would be beneficial however, it is not essential. More importantly you are able to learn quickly and produce clear and concise communications resources.
- Ability to understand and detail business processes
- Able to clearly articulate software concepts and processes
- Very strong English language skills
- Technical writing experience
- Write and communicate in a variety of tones and styles including for:
- End user training materials
- Website copy
- Sales and marketing collateral
- Customer proposals
- Expert level Microsoft Word skills including advanced tables, graphics capture, highlighting and placement, tables of contents and revision management
- Attention to detail
- Able to define and work to a style guide
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM applications
- Experience with the Fundraising or Not-For-Profit sectors
- Experience creating online video content
- Training experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, edit and maintain existing training and documentation resources
- Write new training manuals from scratch as required
- Create training, sales and support video scripts
- Create and maintain sales collateral and website content
- Client staff training
We consider ourselves a different kind of technology and consulting group. We only partner with organisations who are making a positive social impact on the world.
We live and breathe our five core values
- People Centric - solutions for real people, we show empathy
- Future Focused - sustainable solutions that last, can be adopted, and ensure stability over time
- Common Good - we only work with organisations we believe is making world a better place
- Integrity - honest and transparent, we are willing to have hard conversations courageously and with humility
- Gritty Determination - whatever it takes to succeed, we see our client’s success as our own, working hard and smart on the right things
We are an established Salesforce partner, with a small digital agency and a growing ERP practice. Offering flexible working conditions, you could be based anywhere in Australia.
Whilst we do many of the things you would expect from a technology company, we offer our team a unique opportunity to do good work for those that do good. We focus on understanding our clients and the vision they have for their organisation and the impact they can have on the world.
Our client list is a who’s who of the Australian Not for Profit and For Purpose sectors. We focus on understanding our clients and their vision for their organisation, the impact they can have on the world, and work in partnership to realise those outcomes.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds, many of them not from tech. Our team comprises industry experts, project managers, consultants, business analysts and technology people. We have school teachers, engineers, customer service people, social workers, fundraising managers, case workers, entrepreneurs and designers all committed to helping organisations to help others.