VetCentric is focused on delivering outstanding services to the federal government. We have extensive experience in the fields of cybersecurity, supply chain & logistics management, strategy, business analytics, and IT services such as system design, continuous improvement, virtualization, and data center management. VetCentric is an SBA certified HUBZone company and VA CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We operate in 15 states with offices in Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
Perks Working with Us
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental benefits
- 3 weeks PTO per year accruing from day 1
- 401(k) with matching plan
- Generous annual training budget
- Fantastic company culture.
Remote, US (Any location). Candidates from a HUBZone strongly preferred.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without requiring sponsorship. Sponsorship is not available currently.
The cybersecurity technical writer will drive the development, collaboration, editing, review, approval, and publication of process and policy documentation in support of cybersecurity teams and services. The primary focus will be on the development of process documentation and cybersecurity-related policies, standards, directives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Years of experience: 3+ years of technical writing
- Clearance: Must have or be able to attain and maintain Public Trust or higher
- Chicago Manual/ AP Style
- Full Microsoft Office Suite (2019 and newer) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with cybersecurity operations (specifically a Security Operations Center, or Cyber Defense Center)
- 10+ years of experience in developing and publishing technical documentation
- 10+ years of experience in developing and documenting technical processes
- Substantive experience providing document/process development support for a cybersecurity organization
- Experience with producing technical design specification documentation by consultation with a system engineer.
- Excellent grammar, editing, and writing skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience writing executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), After Actions Reports (AARs), Situation Reports (SITREPs), meeting minutes, and Plans or similar.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting organizational alignment to the NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Draft, expand, refine, and edit technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read comprehensive, compliant, and compelling documents.
- Create compelling White Papers and other documents.
- Interact with technical team members for content development.
- Become familiar and comply with government style guides.
- Researches highly technical subject matter and organizes information from multiple sources and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
E-Verify Employer, EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities; VetCentric partners will offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.