strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
...the website is the entry point to the product; our buyer likes to try software on before they buy. And our customers like to find answers for themselves :)
There are two parts of that experience: the product and the documentation supporting the product. strongDM is investing heavily in its docs to make sure they're exceptional, so we’re looking for an outrageously good Technical Writer/Editor to contribute to that upgrade process. You should be customer-centric, and crazy passionate about solving customer problems before they happen. Just imagine…
- What if documentation could preempt new questions?
- What if documentation were such a joy to use that it usurped the ‘top dog’ status of the product itself?
- What if our customers were so impressed with it, they shared it on social media?
We believe that is the future at strongDM. It means working with every team that touches the product. It means clear, accurate, and accessible information for all. It means drowning in user feedback and being best friends with the support team. It means you and the product group are so tightly intertwined that the documentation is ready before the feature is to be released. And because every strongDM writer is also an editor, it means bringing crisp editorial skills to the table as well.
- 5+ years of technical writing/editing for user-facing, production-level documentation
- Experience writing for SaaS/web applications, especially at an enterprise scale
- Comfortable writing/editing across different styles, including documentation, blog posts, tutorials, API docs, and UX writing
- Familiarity with modern day APIs
- Familiarity with common technical documentation authoring toolchains
- Experience working with partner team members in Product, Engineering, Support, Sales, and Partnerships
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required