The Technical Writer/Editor is responsible for working effectively with the BFCC-QIO claim review teams by reviewing/editing letters that are sent to healthcare providers and Medicare beneficiaries and representatives.
The Technical Writer/Editor will improve the readability of the letters and ensure that the letters sent to beneficiaries are written in plain language and with an empathetic tone. The Technical Writer/Editor will proofread letters for punctuation, spelling, syntax, and formatting accuracy and will correct all mechanical, grammatical, and stylistic errors.
The Technical Writer/Editor may also be called upon to take meeting notes, document meeting minutes, or assist with editing materials related to reports, outreach communications, proposals, or publications.
The Technical Writer/Editor protects the confidentiality of patient information through compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH). The Technical Writer/Editor completes Livanta’s Annual Training, which includes the Cyber Awareness Training Challenge and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Training.
Ability to organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure accuracy of information. Effectively work with other staff members to gather and verify the information necessary to produce a quality product.
Effectively work with multiple internal stakeholders participating in creating and improving documentation. Ability to write technical documents according to the company and customer approved established format, standards, and guidelines. Ability to provide writing, editing, and design support to other team members.
Qualifications And Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Must possess a good command of English
- Must possess logic and reasoning skills
- Must be detail oriented, work well in a high-volume atmosphere
- Must possess a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word
- Must possess a good understanding of business applications and technology
- Must possess a basic understanding of medical terminology
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent proofreading skills
- Must possess excellent listening skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Must possess the ability to exercise critical thinking and sound judgment
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to organize and coordinate multiple simultaneous tasks in a team environment
- Must possess the ability to develop, gather, and convey technical material in a concise/effective manner
Organizational "Fit" Considerations
Must possess the ability to switch between different tasks as necessary.