At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people.
By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities.
To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: www.criterion-sys.com.
Criterion Systems, Inc., is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support a USDA contract based in Ft Collins, Colorado. The contract supports a variety of customers with DEVOPS, DEVSECOPS, and Architecture support.
This is a remote position.
- Creates and edits technical and other business documentation, reports and creates presentations, such as user manuals, training materials reports, whitepapers, Web content, online help, etc.
- Confers with subject matter experts and others to collect and organize information required for creation of documentation.
- Conducts documentation and audience needs analysis, and recommends appropriate approach and deliverables to project managers.
- Assists others with appropriate phrasing for document content. Plans documentation development process and coordinates writing projects.
- Manages multiple document review cycles and maintains change control for documents as needed.
- Completes writing assignments according to organizational standards regarding order, style, terminology, and format.
- Selects photographs, illustrations, charts, etc. to illustrate material as appropriate.
- May develop presentations and graphics, or assist others in doing so.
- May support training development and delivery.
- May maintain documentation repository.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop a strong, functional, up-to-date, and well-curated internal knowledge base
- Writing reports and proposals for audiences of varying levels, project leads to business executives utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Writing Knowledge Base articles and creating standard document and report templates
- Work closely with SME’s to build out internal documentation sites and solicit accurate information
- Deliver accurate functional documentation on time and with a high degree of quality
- Document best practices across the organization in real time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive field or significant work experience in a fast-paced enterprise technology-development environment
- Strong team-player attributes with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Information gathering and interviewing skills
- Experience in developing internal business and technical documentation
- Comfort with changing dynamic software development situations
- Experience in capturing and maintaining institutional knowledge
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Experience using MS SharePoint.
- Advanced/Expert level of Excel skills
- Experience in using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience in using Atlassian Confluence to maintain document libraries
- Experience in Section 508 accessibility standards/Trusted Tester Certification
- Experience in Agile environments
- 5 years experience.
Criterion Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization.
We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit **[https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.](https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftracking.icims.com%2Ff%2Fa%2FO2ppdxCnIq10fspJudVXmg~~%2FAAIB5gA~%2FRgRiJMhSP0QoaHR0cHM6Ly9jYXJlZXJzLWNyaXRlcmlvbi1zeXMuaWNpbXMuY29tL1cDc3BjQgpgQVJDQmAuOZLPUhxzYXJhLmR3eWVyQGNyaXRlcmlvbi1zeXMuY29tWAQAABV&data=04%7C01%7Csara.dwyer%40criterion-sys.com%7C2c123c7f9c104a64803508d94aeed79b%7C7fda59d6d6074fdb82eaea3aceebf32c%7C0%7C0%7C637623211945095405%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=IWdOUUQJXLvPZsOpdE8%2BwBGePxyURA1Tbo0YRQVhyYA%3D&reserved=0)**_