We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who you are and what you'll do
- You are a technically minded writer who can explain DevOps procedures to a technical audience: system administrators, developers, sales engineers, and technical leadership.
- People will understand how to get the most out of Nexus Repository Manager due to your voice.
- You will be a member of the Nexus Repository Manager development team and will work collaboratively to shape the product.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers to define and measure success objectives for our communications.
What skills you need
- You are a clear, concise writer in English and able to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- You have a customer-friendly voice, able to work within our tone and brand guidelines.
- You can standardize technical documentation at a grade 9 reading level.
- You have 2-5 years of experience working with software development teams. You have hands-on experience with contemporary technical product development and software engineering.
- You are effective at managing time and priority in a remote work environment.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Paid time off that increases with tenure
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.6
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.