MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
The Opportunity & Our Team
The best online help gives the user exactly what they need, when they need it. We’re a team of talented writers who design effective online help content that speaks the language of our clients.
As a technical writer, you’ll help users successfully complete tasks and discover value-adding features. It’s all about making people’s lives easier by saving them time and communicating the right messages.
About The Role
You’ll work closely with our Enterprise product and design teams in a real agile environment to design help that’s clear, helpful and solves real customer problems.
Your co-workers will also look to you for guidance on terminology, wording, and language design. This isn’t just sitting behind a computer and writing instructions.
You’ll get to work with all sorts of intelligent, passionate people to help make usable and intuitive products. You’ll also get to flaunt your creativity by explaining new features and delivering a compelling support experience.
What You Will Bring To Role
- Professional experience creating online software documentation (we’d love to see your best examples!)
- Outstanding skills in crafting plain, user-centric English
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and fluently
- Ability to understand users’ real-world, business needs and explain how our solutions can help them
- Flexibility and initiative to work in an agile environment
- Highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills with a strong instinct for challenging conventions
- A curious mind that gets to the bottom of user needs
- Embedded great flexible working environment, Flexperience! We want you to do your best work in a way that suits you and your life and we’ll support you from flexibility to your WFH set up
- Collaborative culture that has customer at the centre of everything
- Supportive parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers
- Access to wellness and mindfulness programs
- MYOB Volunteer Leave Program, giving you the opportunity to give back to your community
- Drive your own learning, attend conferences of your choice, do in-house training, and learn from the leaders around you, ensuring you progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB, a place where Your Work Matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.