The Rivian Service Operations Team is a dynamic group that ensures every Rivian driver receives premium service anytime vehicle maintenance or repair needs arise. We provide premium, seamless, and convenient solutions via our network of Rivian owned service centers, mobile service vehicles, and network of service parts.
We are always looking for top talent - customer-centric professionals in a broad variety of roles to help us continuously develop and improve the quality and range of our service and products. The Service Operations Team at Rivian encompasses critical components of vehicle service such as service engineering, collision repair, service parts, programs & operations, technical support, field teams, and remanufacturing.
Responsible for documenting collision repair procedures and create documentation for Rivian’s Certified Collision Network. This role will require high levels of initiative, independent judgement and cross-team collaboration with the Service Engineering and Certified Network Teams. Must be able to complete projects in a compressed timeline.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with cross functional product development teams to develop documentation plans, including schedules that will allow us to meet product launch deadlines
- Create and maintain repair procedures
- Create and maintain onboarding and process documents for certified collision centers
- Be in sync with corresponding technical writers in adjacent departments
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of processes, standards, guidelines, templates, and internal tools
- Follow guidelines governing style, localization, and content reuse
- Develop proficiency with the Oxygen Editor and Publisher
- Ensure that documentation is complete and accurate by researching features, interviewing subject matter experts, performing or coordinating content validation checks, and participating in peer reviews
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL N
- 5+ years of experience creating documentation for hardware or software products. Experience documenting automotive vehicles, charging equipment, or related products is preferred
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity, and be self-motivated. Experience developing and refining new processes, standards, templates, or internal tools
- Experience authoring in a structured format using an advanced authoring system such as Oxygen or XMetal
- Experience performing specialized publishing tasks such template creation, development and use of content reuse strategies, and translation management is preferred
- Ability to manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Smartsheet, and Lucidchart
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, technical writing, engineering, or technology or equivalent work experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Department: Service Operations
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.