Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Technical Writer in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
Reporting into the product Manager, you primary focus will be to plan, create, and maintain a variety of internal and client facing documentation. This includes training, troubleshooting and online help centre guides.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Develop a system with the product and development teams to deliver documentation before new feature releases
- Coordinate and collaborate with other content owners (product, marketing, and support)
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Write API documentation for API users, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
What would make me a good candidate?
- Proven working experience in technical writing of complex documentation
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger and knowledge of REST APIs is preferred.
- Ability to translate technical language into simple and concise English appropriate for the target audience.
- Advanced skills in using XML based authoring tools such as Oxygen or Madcap Flare.
- Experience in content strategy and information architecture methodologies, techniques, and implementation.
- Experience with vector graphic editing tools such as Visio and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with developing content following the Agile development methodology
- An understanding of cloud-based, SaaS software a bonus
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- 3 day paid Volunteer Leave days per year
- Extra sick leave provided to give employees 15 days total per year
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to Mental Health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
More About Us
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services.
How to Apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Sara Talebi - Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.