ABOUT US: Veea Inc. (www.veea.com) is headquartered in New York City on the Upper East Side (Manhattan) with offices in New Jersey, England and France.
Veea was founded on the belief that technology is an equalizer - a right, not a privilege and should never be a burden. In our ever-connected world, our innovative Veea Platform stands out by connecting everyone and everything intelligently, supporting a number of smart verticals beyond from Smart Retail to Smart Cities to Smart.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company with exceptional talent, significant funding and great potential. You would work alongside a dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting start-up environment with competitive compensation including early stage company stock options.
Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing product in a fun and stimulating environment is the key attraction! We are supported by highly experienced Board members that have been instrumental in creation of well-known tech sector companies while providing the required funding and strategic relationships.
Veea is an equal opportunity employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.
A cover letter and a resume are required.
Veea is seeking an experienced contractor to author and curate technical product and customer documentation. The content you create will be crucial to the Veea customer’s experience. You will create both internal and external documentation and other content, both written and multimedia.
An ideal candidate should have proven tech publications experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, hardware development and networking; and have a start-up “make it happen/get it done” mindset and demonstrate enthusiasm for our vision of making edge computing ubiquitous.
- Writing and editing customer-facing documentation, programmer reference guides, user manuals and online help, in both printed and online/multimedia forms;
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various technical and product teams to understand project and product requirements;
- Collaborate with product managers, hardware and systems engineers and software developers to create and edit product user manuals, training courses and materials;
- Develop content with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation;
- Stay current with product changes and updates; and
- Continually learn and understand our products and services for documentation purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technical field related to computer or networking hardware and/or software
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience authoring technical documentation for both technically savvy and non-technical readers and users.
- Experience with on-line documentation systems
Required and Beneficial Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate a proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization;
- Must be a strong team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build relationships and collaborate remotely with global team members;
- Must have expert knowledge of documentation development tools, content distribution and management tools, and publishing web-based documents;
- Ability to communicate specialist information about how products and services work and how they can be applied or used in a way that's easy to understand;
- Knowledge and understanding of SaaS and Cloud based technologies, Cloud Software deployment (Containerization, Docker, Orchestration) and DevOps concepts a plus;
- Understanding of APPs (iOS and Android), API and Dev Kit documentation a plus;
- Constant Learning: willing to experiment and try new ways of doing old things;
- Cloud-savvy-ability to bring new tools and workflows which improve content development efficiency a plus; and
- Illustration skills and video creation skills are a plus
Advantages of Working With Us
- Opportunity to work alongside a cutting-edge, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting development environment
- Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game-changing product in a highly stimulating environment.