Uberflip is a marketing technology company with 135+ employees founded in Toronto in 2012. Our content experience platform empowers marketing and sales to create engaging, relevant content destinations quickly for every campaign, audience, and stage of the customer journey. Marketing teams use our platform to scale how they incorporate content into every touchpoint and remove friction from the customer journey by surfacing the right content at the right time.
We're on the search for a Technical Writer!
Reporting into the VP, Product, you will plan, create, and maintain end user and developer documentation for the Uberflip platform. In this critical role, you will work closely with teams across the organization to produce educational materials that help internal and external users become Uberflip power users.
You'll own the documentation process from end-to-end, and will be responsible for ensuring that Uberflip's documentation is accurate, comprehensive, and easy to use. The successful candidate will be an extremely strong communicator and writer, a self-starter and team player, and will have an aptitude for technology that will allow them to quickly develop their knowledge of the Uberflip platform and the technologies that integrate with and support it.
- Write, edit, and maintain high-quality documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences, including: user guides, explainers, and other knowledge base content, API documentation and developer guides, release notes, and UI copy
- Work with SMEs on our product management and engineering teams to gather complex technical information and synthesize it into engaging, user-friendly content
- Collaborate with the product management, product marketing, customer success, and support teams to understand documentation requirements and customer needs, and plan and produce materials accordingly
- Own documentation deliverables for Uberflip products and initiatives, including organizing and prioritizing documentation projects, communicating status with stakeholders, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Edit materials prepared by other writers to ensure they conform to our documentation standards and the Uberflip style guide
We Want To Talk To You If
- You have 1-2 years working experience writing, editing, researching, and planning software documentation
- You possess excellent technical writing skills (including grammar, editing, proofreading, and documentation design), with an obsessive eye for detail and accuracy
- You're a great communicator, and have experience collaborating cross-departmentally
- You have a strong technical aptitude: you can quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and other media
- You're highly organized, with the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes on tight deadlines
Bonus Points If
- You have a university degree/college diploma, or the equivalent in experience, in English, Communications, Technical Writing, Software Engineering, Journalism, or Education
- You've worked in a fast-paced startup environment (preferably a SaaS company)
- You're naturally curious, with great research skills and a drive to seek out answers independently
- You're highly motivated, and are always looking for ways to innovate and improve existing deliverables, initiate new actions in line with business objectives, and deliver results
- You have experience creating infographics such as diagrams, workflows, graphs, etc.
- You have experience documenting RESTful APIs
- You have experience with some or all of the following: web front-end development, the Swagger/OpenAPI specification, Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) principles and practices
What Uberflip Provides
- Collaborative and support work environment
- Head office conveniently located in the GTA
- Group Health Benefits starting day one
- Employee Stock Option Program eligibility
- Vacation time that increases the longer you work with us
- LUV days that grant more time off to enjoy with family, friends, or just on your own!
- Remote work flexibility
- Wellbeing programs to look after your mental and physical health, including company paid counselling
- Parental leave program
- Learning credits for you to put towards your professional development
- (Virtual) Company socials and events to build strong relationships with your workmates
- And so much more!
Uberflip is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are!