As Digital Surgery’s Technical Writer, you will join a growing team of writers and editors supporting user communications across all our product lines. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, providing documentation on diverse topics from data science to OR technology.
You will be a member of our Technical Communications chapter, a part of the wider Product team, and will report directly to the Senior Technical Writer. Your day-to-day work is cross-functional. This is not a client-facing role.
5 billion people, two-thirds of the world’s population, do not have access to safe and affordable surgical care. As a result, millions go untreated every year, causing unnecessary suffering, permanent debilitation, or death. The causes are a shortage of surgeons, varying quality of care, rising costs of training surgeons, lack of funding, and lack of accessibility to quality surgery. Digital Surgery is on a mission to change surgical care for the better.
With our award-winning Touch Surgery mobile application and web platform, it is now the dawn of Digital Surgery. Digital Surgery has created a digital data-driven ecosystem that uses the latest cutting-edge technologies like AI, augmented reality and computer vision to modernize surgical training, orchestrate surgical teams in the OR, and deliver safer surgery around the world.
- Write and edit technical documentation and end-user guidance across Digital Surgery’s product portfolio.
- Develop communications content to promote and inform users of product features and benefits.
- Publish and distribute user-facing communications.
- Conduct quality control of technical specifications, brochures and similar documents.
- Maintain documentation on proprietary value and IP.
- Gather and analyze technical information from subject matter experts to adapt for user documentation.
- Ensure compliance with in-house standards of written style and terminology.
- Promote writing quality and accuracy across the organization.
- Experience in a writing or editing role.
- Ability to explain complex technical and medical concepts in clear, simple terms.
- Background or interest in life sciences, healthcare, surgery or anatomy.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Technical literacy in productivity and editorial tools, e.g. Atlassian, MS Office, Google Drive.
- Computer literacy in a range of productivity and editorial software.
We’re in a really lucky position to operate like a small team, with all of the benefits of a big company. Following our acquisition by Medtronic in February 2020, our benefits have had an impressive face lift. ; Our benefit package aims to help support your health, build wealth, grow in your career and share in the success of Digital Surgery and Medtronic. We are in the healthcare business and so in order to look after our people we provide:
- Private healthcare via AXA PPP - £100 excess
- 30 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (we double your personal contribution of up to 6%, by contributing 12%)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual meal allowance
- Life insurance (4 x annual salary*)
- Group Income Protection (67% of insured salary payable until pensionable age)
- Life benefit policy
- Maternity - 20 weeks’ full pay + 15% returner’s bonus
- Paternity - 2 weeks’ full pay
- Employee Assistance Programme (support line for counselling, legal or financial advice)
This is not to mention all the other perks for working with us such as our employee recognition programs, a cash bonus for referring a friend, and a whole host of other wellness benefits.
We also encourage flexible working, so you choose when you start and finish. This is just one of our Family Friendly company policies.
So What’s It Like Working at Digital Surgery?
Part of the Medtronic family we benefit from a small company feel, within the world's leading medical device company. We have 130 people globally, with teams across the UK, US and Canada. The majority are based in our London HQ in Old Street. The company is made up of several teams covering Engineering, Product, Studio, Innovation, Marketing, HR, Operations, Finance and Sales.
We care about our employees’ career and development, offering training internally as well as external courses and attending global conferences. We believe that helping you grow will help our company grow too.
We have our Family Meeting on Friday afternoons with beer, wine and cold drinks - it’s a great chance to meet new joiners, share success stories and hear what’s been going on in the company that week.
- All for One
- Candid but Kind
- Deliver Extraordinary Things
Come help us to build a company that makes a difference, that changes lives, that saves lives.
During this global crisis we have erred on the side of caution in our handlings. We closed the office 3 weeks before the lockdown in order to protect our employees. As flexible working has always been on the table, our preexisting IT infrastructure has allowed us to seamlessly transition to life in lockdown across the wider organisation. Despite the global crisis we continue to grow, and are interviewing and onboarding candidates remotely - so please do APPLY to express your interest in our vacancies!