Tendermint Inc is looking for someone who has a BS / BA or equivalent in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science or a related field, proficiency in English, demonstrated experience working in a technical writing position.
- At Tendermint Inc., we build, maintain, and promote critical state-of-the-art infrastructure for decentralized applications, such as Tendermint Core & Cosmos SDK.
- We are the team who designed and implemented the gold standard of proof of stake protocols and got it launched on a public blockchain network, Cosmos.
- We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose vision is to empower every human to contribute to solving the world’s most urgent and complex problems.
- We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major impact on how humans connect and coordinate on a global scale. Join our growing team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
How We Work
- We have team members working from across North America, Europe, and Asia.
- We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused.
- Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync.
- All the technology we build is open source.
- This is a full-time remote position and you’re free to work from anywhere.
- Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8am and 12pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7).
- If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, you’ll be expected to adapt to our meeting times.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create materials for experienced software engineers as well as those who may be new to developing with Tendermint and Cosmos
- Create material such as – installation and upgrade guides, development best practices, release notes, technical papers, tutorials, and knowledge-base articles
- Read design documents and specifications, build, install, and use pre-release software to assist in generating proper instructions
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Engage with the Tendermint and Cosmos communities through various means
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- BS/BA or equivalent in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proficiency in English
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources
- Flexibility to work with new technology in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with command line UNIX/Linux
- Experience of working effectively as part of a distributed team
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control systems such as SVN, Bazaar, Mercurial, etc
- Basic programming skills using Golang, Rust, or other suitable language
- Knowledge of HTML, Markdown and other documentation technologies
- Ability to translate complex topics into understandable, digestible topics
- Ability to collaborate with different teams within Tendermint and the Cosmos ecosystem
Nice To Have
- Understanding of main concepts of Cosmos SDK, Tendermint, running validators
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- At least 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary package, including equity.
Don’t forget to mention in your application:
“I found this great opportunity at Content Writing Jobs.”
It helps us add more writing jobs for you.
Something wrong with this job posting?
Report this job
and help us maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.