Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are seeking a developer-facing technical writer for one of our large tech clients. This candidate must have experience working with subject matter experts and doing hands-on research to create clear, concise, structured documentation. In this role, you will be writing for both internal and external technologies, as well as editing and/or restructuring the content work of others.
If you are the right fit, you are confident in working with technical and non-technical contributors alike, and are known for your detailed approach to producing error-free material. You may also have the opportunity to work with code, and are able to pivot quickly to different projects based on client need.
This is a full-time contract role that can be done remotely. We'll only be able to respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role. We offer a strong benefits package for full-time employees: http://steyer.net/benefits.
- 2+ years of experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or outreach for a developer audience or similar
- 2+ years of experience working closely with engineering, product and support teams to ensure quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create a develop
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience programming, writing code samples, and working with prototype hardware in test environments
- Comfort in navigating multiple platforms including web, iOS, and Android
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, technical writing, mathematics, or similar experience
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.