Our Reputed Client is looking for a creative and tech-savvy Technical Writer who will be responsible for working with the engineers at the bleeding edge of exciting and popular projects/products in the Client’s cloud-native ecosystem.
The Technical Writer is expected to have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. Experience with microservices services, Linux, XML, markdown, Confluence, Lucid Chart, Drawio and GIT is also a bonus. While not an expert in these areas, the expectation is that the candidate demonstrates interest/excitement to learn about them.
Working with the Manager of Software Engineering, this individual will be a part of a highly technical team of developers and engineers. This role is expected to apply leading edge practices to solve business challenges and develop a culture of high performance, urgency, and productivity.
- Embrace the vision to lead the transformation of currently leveraged outsourced application development model to an in-house model to include development of key business and customer facing solutions
- Participate as a core contributor in the technical delivery of the entire application stack. Translate complex functional specifications , detailed technical designs regarding Test Case, Testing Automation, User Interfaces (UI), Custom Software Applications, middleware technologies, API, API orchestration/choreography, deployment artifacts, artifact packaging, and application monitoring automation, logging, and performance metrics into clear precise technical documentation that is appealing to the reader/consumer
- Write and provide support to a diverse audience consisting of developers, DevOps professionals, IT professionals, technical program managers, Store Teammates, vendors and partners
- Work diligently on the allocated backlog and work to make every team member successful and stay ahead of the team to avoid unpleasant surprises for the team, thus actively ensuring delivery within the schedule and allocated budget
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to ensure that the documentation plans and dependencies on the engineering team are well understood to enable you to complete your work on an agreed-upon timeline
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for all technology products
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for all CubeSmart applications/products
- Demonstrated affinity for continuous learning, specifically in the technology domain and how to leverage it for building great reliable products
- Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing or equivalent related technical field
- A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing and delivering application and developer documentation including translating developer created detailed designs into well formatted and organized content
- Experience working with SQL and documenting Data Models and creating Data Dictionaries
- Experience working directly with development teams
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems, Content Management Systems, Markdown, Github or equivalent source code mgmt. system, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with web services, microservices and related technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree.