Snow Software® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Snow Software is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
Snow Software is looking for an exceptional intermediate-level technical writer to join our documentation team.
Why Would You Want To Join Our Team? We Offer
- A culture of fun that encourages interaction, teamwork, and learning
- A dynamic environment that’s open to great ideas
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies in cloud management
As part of the Snow Software product team, you’ll contribute to the planning, creation, and maintenance of product documentation. You’ll produce content for both customers and prospects, and report regularly on project status.
- Create user documentation using functional specifications, interaction with developers, and independent research as inputs
- Ensure documentation is accurate, complete, and adheres to company style guidelines for high quality, consistency, and usability
- Work closely with the product development team (product managers, developers, and QA testers)
- Work with marketing group to bolster our online presence and promote consistent branding.
- Participate in the Agile software development process
- Quickly learn and develop core product knowledge
- Work collaboratively with other documentation team members to plan out an effective documentation strategy
- Create graphics as required
Experience and Skills:
- 3 or more years of experience preparing user documentation in a challenging, fast-paced software development environment
- Knowledge of software documentation principles and processes
- Demonstrated experience with standard documentation tools and technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand complex technical information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
Nice to Have
- Expertise in MadCap Flare
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP), virtualization (VMware/SCVMM), Terraform
- Expertise in HTML and CSS
- Web design and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge
- Agile development experience
Snow Software Commander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Snow Software Commander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Snow Software’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Snow Software Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
This is a chance for you succeed in an environment where you will have the ability to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside collaborative and approachable colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make Snow a success - the world's largest enterprises and most trusted institutions use Snow to optimize their software, applications, hardware and cloud investments.
Here at Snow, our entire team is focused on the success of our customers. We believe that a single platform, built from the most innovative products, can revolutionize our industry. Today, IT leaders have a unique opportunity to transform and protect their organizations, and we are here to help. Ready to work at the edge of innovation. If so, we are hiring future-focused and customer-centric team players all over the world.