Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday.
Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e. Job Duties)
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain application documents, including product and user documentation.
- Partner with stakeholders to translate complex ideas, concepts, and developments into customer-friendly content Help Center that deflects customer support inquiries, builds trust in the Shippo brand, and inspires further engagement.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet release dates and client deliverables.
- Optimize content on a regular basis working backwards from data and internal guidelines and goals.
- Create content for a variety of product lines for different Shippo user segments and Shippo teams – knowing when our technical terms need to be put into lay terms and conversely when it needs to remain technical in nature.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably with a focus in English or Communications) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience - with a background in technical writing for customers, specifically.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, spreadsheets, Google Docs, (Confluence & Airtable helpful, not required).
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Ability to deftly handle feedback and edits from partners across the company: peers, subject matter expertise, and partners
Nice to Haves
- Experience working within or directly with Customer Experience organizations.
- Understanding of the ecommerce industry
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
- Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
- 2 weeks shut down during summer and winter
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!.