Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions, to food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more.
Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, and later changed to a software provider for the whole consumer market, Shiji Group today comprises 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands, serving over 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets.
Shiji is committed to connecting the global business of hospitality. We provide an integrated suite of technological solutions that empower hotel, retail, food, and entertainment companies to better connect with their guests.
A Technical Writer is specifically responsible for:
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Independently authoring new documentation based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, use cases, user stories, feature requirements, and on-hand experience with the product.
- Proactively researching product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Consuming technical information and transforming it into easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Proofreading and editing documentation to ensure consistency of language and style as well as correct application of templates.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, information technology, English or a related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of technical documentation experience - Must have strong technical writing and editing skills, the ability to articulate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, and detail-oriented.
- Fluency in English
- Experience working with Cloud applications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in writing and editing User Manuals, ReadMe First documents, Wikis, Presentations, Installation Manuals, and Feature Reference Guides.
- Strong problem-solver skills.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take initiative.
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery methods, including DITA/XML Authoring and HTML.
- Experience with graphic editing software.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and other development methodologies preferred.
- All types of employment.
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work partially remotely.
- Full package of benefits, including the private medical care, sports card, life insurance, training platform, English lessons and more…
- Support of self-development in professional area (co-financed trainings, conferences, certifications etc.)
- Chill rooms with variety of games, team building events and staff parties.
- And last – but not the least – great Team, atmosphere and a chance to participate in creating the enterprise-scale project from a scratch in an international environment.
Please Don’t Forget to Put the Clauses You Accept in Your Resume
I agree that my personal data will be processed by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by Shiji Poland Sp. z o. o. for the needs of future recruitment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.