ScienceIO is on a mission to build a more transparent, connected, and equitable healthcare system. We're backed by top-tier investors (including Section 32, Lachy Groom, Quiet Capital, and more). Our team includes experts in machine learning, biomedicine, healthcare operations, and customer experience. We’re a deeply curious, caring, and collaborative team passionate about improving the lives of patients. Learn more about us in Not Boring and TechCrunch.
As our first Technical Writer, you’ll play a pivotal role in the success of our customers and end users. You’ll work closely with the VP of Customer Success, Product Management, and the Engineering team to expand and own our product guides and API documentation.
Your mission will be to create and maintain best-in-class documentation and self-service learning assets, empowering our developer community to achieve their business outcomes by working with ScienceIO. As one of the earliest hires on our Customer Success team, this role also offers meaningful growth potential. If you consider yourself a great writer and find joy in crafting engaging and clarifying documentation, you should reach out today!
Full Time: $85,000 - $110,000 OTE based on experience
Note: This salary reflects a full-time role; we are happy to discuss part-time arrangements as well. Please indicate in your application if you would prefer full-time, part-time, or if you have no preference.
The Role & Opportunity
- You’ll be the founding technical writer on our team, reporting directly to the VP of Customer Success.
- You’ll drive the vision for our product documentation, helping us create a best-in-class resource for all our user audiences.
- You’ll own the planning, writing, and editing of all documentation for various user audiences, including API documentation, development and deployment guides, and business user how-to instructions.
- You’ll partner closely with customer success, engineering, and product to continuously improve our customer enablement resources.
- You’ll engage with customer support requests to incorporate feedback and improve documentation.
You May Be a Good Fit If
- You believe in the power of storytelling, and you understand that well-written documentation can drive the adoption of technology.
- You excel at communicating complex concepts clearly and precisely, both for technical and non-technical audiences.
- You thrive in collaborative environments and love both learning from your colleagues and helping others become better writers.
- You understand or have a general familiarity with one or more coding languages, especially Python, and you have the skills to read and edit our existing API documentation.
- You have a passion for improving healthcare and the patient experience. Healthcare expertise is preferred but not everyone joins ScienceIO as an expert in everything we do — our goal is to make everyone an expert as best as possible
Technologies We’d Like You to Use Day-To-Day
- API documentation software - today we use readme.com
- Python client such as Jupyter Notebook, Google Colab
- Customer support software such as Zendesk, Helpscout, Intercom
- Internal collaboration tools such as Slack, Notion, FigJam
- We are a learning organization and are happy to train on things that you’re less familiar with as long as the core expertise is there.
More About ScienceIO
Each year, more than two trillion gigabytes of data are created by our healthcare system. Most healthcare data is incredibly tough to work with — key insights are hidden away in notes, forms, faxes, and PDFs. But if we can understand the data, we can understand how to care for patients better, find individuals with unmet needs, lower the cost of care, and improve human health.
ScienceIO is on a mission to transform how we work with healthcare data to build a more transparent, connected, and equitable healthcare system.
Our AI platform is purpose-built to decode the language of medicine and unlock the full potential of healthcare data. Our real-time APIs transform messy unstructured data to create insights, streamline healthcare operations, and provide the building blocks for new patient solutions.
ScienceIO is backed by top-tier investors (including Section 32, Lachy Groom, Quiet Capital, and more). Our team has experts in machine learning, medicine, biology, and healthcare operations. We’re a deeply curious, caring, and collaborative team passionate about improving the lives of patients. Learn more about us in Not Boring and TechCrunch.
What’s It like to Work at Scienceio?
At ScienceIO, we measure success by how well we empower our users. We love when people lift up the best ideas from anywhere in the team and gather support behind them. We care deeply about continuous learning and cultivating empathy within our team and with our users. The members of our team, regardless of their role or seniority, feel they can trust and learn from one another.
Our team believes differences should be celebrated and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and culture. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ScienceIO highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at ScienceIO are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to an actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
(part-time benefits will differ, depending on employment status)
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with all fees covered
- Up to 16 weeks of flexible, paid parental leave for all employees, in case of birth, adoption, or other covered events
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurance
- Public transportation subsidy covering subway/train, biking, rideshare, or other valid transportation programs for commuters
- Stipends for home office supplies and for books & professional development
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up an old-school industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive and thoughtful community committed to the mission of improving healthcare.