Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company founded in London with offices in Boston, Warsaw and Israel, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of sensitive data management, with deep domain expertise in data privacy. The company aims to define and lead this category, capture the market on modern data platforms; and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to make data available efficiently and safely to drive data-driven decision making, capture value and reduce risk.
Backed by world-leading private equity and venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Crowdstrike, BEA Systems, Slack, Dropbox and Spotify to date we have raised over $150million in funding and have ambitious growth plans, despite challenging economic conditions. In 2020, our team nearly doubled to 200 people and we continue to hire great people. The company was recently lauded by The Sunday Times as one of the “10 Tech Ones to Watch,” ranked #18 on the 2020 Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 and honored as one of the FinTech50.
At Privitar we are building a scalable, cloud-first data processing privacy engine. You will help document how a whole host of user types (both technical and non-technical) will use our platform to keep their customers’ data private. To do this, you will work collaboratively in an Agile environment with subject matter experts to author long-form documentation and functionality changes for every release, meeting hard deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Write and Publish Product Documentation
- Work to attain a deep knowledge of functionality.
- Interview subject matter experts, including product managers, product owners, and developers.
- Take online and in-person training.
- Read existing technical documentation and business documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the product team and other subject matter experts weekly to document new functionality (APIs, workflows, configurations, and so on) and functionality changes for releases, meeting hard deadlines.
- Document functionality in Paligo and Confluence.
- Take screenshots in SnagIt.
- Communicate regularly with SMEs to confirm accuracy of content.
- Use Jira to track functionality changes and documentation progress.
- Publish documentation in various formats.
- Produce HTML5 documentation.
- Generate PDFs of release documentation, API documentation, user guides, administrator guides, and more.
- Publish documentation to Zendesk and Confluence.
- Deploy documentation to the codebase.
Write User Interface Copy
- Work closely with User Experience, Engineering, and Product Management to author and edit text in the platform interface.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to understand functional requirements.
- Work with User Experience to coordinate design elements and text elements.
- Write and edit text for interactive elements in Figma designs or JSON code.
Help Manage Reference Documentation
- Company style guide
- Technical writing team process documentation
Assist Other Teams
- Review Support team’s technical notes
- Review Product Marketing team’s deliverables
- Review Training team’s scripts
- Assist Marketing team with website copy
- Assist Sales Enablement team with training assets
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of professional experience authoring process documentation or online help
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills, including relationship development skills
- Experience documenting APIs
- Working knowledge of Paligo, DITA, DocBook, or similar XML-based authoring environment preferred
- Experience working in a software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of Bugzilla, Jira, or similar bug tracking tool preferred
- Experience working on macOS preferred
- Working knowledge of SnagIt or similar screenshot program preferred
- Knowledge of JSON is a plus
What We Need From You
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, simply, and accurately
- Maniacal attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personality types and all job levels (that is, a diplomat)
- A consummate team player
- Able to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly changing, small company
- Infectious enthusiasm for learning
- Exhibited integrity in both business and personal ethics
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritize
What We Give You In Return
- 30 days holiday allowance in addition to UK Bank Holidays. We value work-life balance and encourage team members to take it all.
- Private Health Insurance for yourself and dependants with Aviva
- We match pension contributions up to 5%
- Stock Options - everyone has a share in Privitar
- 20 weeks full pay maternity leave, 12 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Sickness, Critical Illness, Worldwide travel and Life Insurance
- Technology - company paid for mobile phone and mac.
- Bi-weekly whole company virtual lunch. £20 allowance. Good food, great company
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular virtual socials to keep you and your colleagues connected
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.