This position is responsible for planning, research, and technical writing support for medical device industry product labeling within CVG Technical Communication.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Write clear, simple content that speaks to customers in their own language.
- Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders, including writers and subject matter experts.
- Manage multiple projects and communicate status proactively.
- Successfully negotiate project schedules, plans, and milestones.
- Understand how regulations, laws, and standards influence content design.
- Understand the impact of localization on English content.
- Maintain design documentation to support quality and regulatory process requirements.
- Effectively communicate the appropriate level of detail based on the audience.
- Take direction to be able to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Express ideas clearly and diplomatically.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Technical writing experience
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams
- Knowledge of software technologies used for writing, publishing, and document control
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communication, writing/composition, or similar field
Years of Experience
- 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of related experience with a Masters degree (Master’s degree in technical communication preferred)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Authoring in XML in a single-source content development environment
- Ability to work effectively across disciplines to implement creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience creating content for software or apps
- Proven experience managing software documentation projects
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology, processes, and requirements
- Writing for a global audience
- Knowledge of Medtronic products and quality system
- Understanding of product labeling development in a regulated industry
- Understand industry trends in technical communication, information architecture, and content development
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.