We're looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review our overall product documentation.
In this role, you'll work with internal resources, interview software developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences.
You'll produce a variety of top quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, bi-weekly release notes and training videos.
As a successful Technical Writer at PathFactory, you're motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving startup company.
You have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME (Product Manager or R&D) and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona.
We like to move quickly and win as a team so a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes.
As the Next Pathfactory Technical Writer, You Will
- Create in-depth product documentation, user guides, FAQs, technical overviews of our platform
- Publish bi-weekly release notes to internal and external stakeholders with information on product updates, releases, and fixes
- Once documentation is written, you will QA test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust duties, time, and objectives accordingly
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement
- Publish and maintain a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases
- Become a subject matter expert of the PathFactory platform and how the different tools are used to perform various construction-related tasks
- Liaise with Product Marketing and Enablement to ensure materials are efficient and effective for both customers and the Customer GTM team
You Should Apple to Be Our Technical Writer if You
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing
- Strong communications skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally
- Experience using API documentation
- Experience with documentation publishing software
- Experience using Salesforce Communities as a knowledge management tool is an asset
- Preferred: Prior experience working within IT Development, SaaS, or web-based technology environment
PathFactory is a remote-first company and will consider qualified applicants located anywhere in Canada.
Why Work at PathFactory?
This is where we get to boast a little about why we’re awesome and why it would be awesome for you to work with us.
PathFactory is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity. We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our company promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly and highly collaborative work environment.
PathFactory’s leadership is transparent, approachable, and committed to the growth of each and every team member. Weekly all-hands meetings, company events and a quarterly Founders’ Award for the team member who best embodies our values – these are all cherries on top of the PathFactory cake!
- Participation in our equity program - because our employees should share in our success
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 2 days paid VTO (volunteer time off) every year to help impact your community
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Continuing Business Education through monthly “DevTalks” with global thought leaders
- Sales Tech galore! SFDC, Gong, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and more
Interested? We’d Love to Hear From You
If you believe you have the right stuff, apply below. Attach your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this job! We are marketers, not HR people, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through. www.pathfactory.com
Pathfactory Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. PathFactory is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.