Hi there! Have you noticed that the restaurant industry is changing?
We’re PAR Restaurant Magic and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously.
As a leading provider of restaurant technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team. If you’ve excelled at every job you’ve held but always thought something was missing, please, read on.
As Technical Writer at PAR Restaurant Magic, you will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of instructional documents, articles, and videos with the main goal to communicate complex, technical information more easily. You will also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers and internal team members. You will also assist in the maintenance and design of the Data Central knowledgebase.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, English, Marketing, Business, or other relevant discipline
- 2-5+ years previous experience in a technical writing role
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry preferred
- Track record of success in professional services
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong written verbal and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work and communicate with a team in an online collaboration platform
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Ability to work autonomously and not be micromanaged
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
Why We Need You
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the new software overlay program we are adding to our product stack
- Produce high-quality documentation that blends instructional and technical writing, meets applicable standards, and is appropriate for its intended audience (both internal users and clients)
- Write in such a way that takes technical information and make it easy to understand for a general audience
- Adhere to Restaurant Magic’s established brand tone and voice to maintain consistent communication efforts
- Help create and maintain a library of documentation
- Help create and maintain articles for the Data Central knowledgebase
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts to other team members and clients and deliver projects on time
- Collaborate well with cross-departmental team members to perform necessary writing, editing, and/or proofreading needs
- Transform meeting notes into actionable copy tasks, where applicable
- Partner effectively with internal team members and clients to gain approval and feedback on written documentation
Who We Are
PAR invented the FIRST point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. PAR’s solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries. Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start. We believe our customers want technology that is open and fast that enables their ability to innovate.
We’re looking for people who are hungry to go beyond the idea of ‘just a job’. PAR’s not for everyone though: We work hard, and we really reward success. We push ourselves and each other to be better every day. We’re ferocious in battle but gentle in spirit. We’re hands-on people. We keep our room clean and make our bed because details matter. We believe it is better to be fast than big, and that being both is best. We believe diversity creates strong systems and communities. We experiment. Sometimes we break things, but we learn quickly. We’re honest and our intentions are good. And we always offer the last slice of dessert to our guests. We’ve got each other’s and our customers’ backs no matter what.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!