At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will help our customers consistently secure their applications and infrastructure hosted on-premises, in the public cloud, and hybrid cloud environments. As they adopt virtualization and cloud technologies, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can deploy our security solutions and use it to secure their applications and data by limiting lateral threat movement, preventing data exfiltration and securing traffic between trust zones.
We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and solves the security challenges in a variety of deployments including public cloud, Openstack, Kubernetes, virtualization and containers, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users to successfully deploy our technologies. Your effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the investment in our products and generate fewer calls to our support organization. We invite you into a team that strives to deliver high quality content, in a creative, fun, and inclusive atmosphere.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for network administrators.
- Innovation—You are curious, creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You are adept at taking a large amount of technical details and organizing them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to improve the customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Must have a good knowledge and background in network security and/or authentication technologies (such as Kerberos, SAML, LDAP), PKI, certificate management.
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of creating concepts, use cases, and best-practice workflows from scratch.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Minimum 5 years of proven technical writing experience.
- Proficient with FrameMaker, and AcrobatPro. Experience with Adobe AEM highly desirable.
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce).
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA or XML authoring).
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint) a plus.
BA/BS or equivalent experience required.