Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 50,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features – all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $55M to date from 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, Citi Ventures, Round 13, ScaleUP, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, and SV Angel. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Ceridian, Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot, and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Qualia. Learn more at www.nylas.com
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That’s right! It’s about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It’s true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
- Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
- 2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
- 2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
- 2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
- 2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join the team at Nylas. As an API platform, we believe documentation is a product and crucial to the developer journey. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment collaborating with our engineers, product managers, support team, dev advocate, and other contributors. You’ll craft documentation using Markdown and GitHub.
To succeed in this role, you’re a confident writer who loves learning new things and isn’t afraid to take risks. You aren’t afraid to say, “Hey! I know how we can do this better.”
- Own Nylas docs, release notes, in-product, and open-source documentation as part of a team
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation for our customers
- Work cross-functionally to get the job done
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Propose new processes to help maintain the quality of our documentation
- Writing and maintaining code samples in a variety of languages
- Edit, clarify and proofread documentation written by others
Qualifications – don’t worry if you don’t meet all of them! Let us know how you’d be a good addition in a cover letter.
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation for a developer audience
- Highly organized, self-managed, and a proven ability to work with a globally distributed team
- You love docs-as-code and want to automate everything
- You know how to use a command line, Git, Markdown, and know SSG means
- Excellent communication skills; you have a knack for translating highly complex subject matter into concise, easy-to-understand content pieces and collateral that are compelling, memorable, and captivating
- Proactive problem solver; you see an area of improvement and aren’t afraid to fix it
- Okay with working 9 a.m.–5 p.m. PST
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People’s Day, etc)
- Personal Stipend: monthly health & wellness stipend via Zestful
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.