At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our HQ is in San Francisco with offices in New York, Denver, Toronto, and several of us work remotely. Members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
We’re looking for a trailblazer to be our first full-time Technical Writer at Nylas. As an API platform, we believe documentation is a product in and of itself that's crucial to a delightful developer journey. In this role you'll serve as the official owner of Nylas documentation, collaborating cross-departmentally as well as with our wider developer audience.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the ideal candidate is both a product-minded technical expert and is adept at creating high-value, technical content that inspires, engages, and assists developers at all stages of the technology evaluation process, from discovery to implementation.
The Technical Writer is a foundational and high-profile role that places you at the helm of the Nylas developer experience and the advocate for the wider developer community. The ideal candidate is an expert communicator, passionate about building and sharing knowledge with developers and can dive into code at a moment’s notice.
- Own the strategy and execution of all Nylas documentation, including API Reference, Guides, Quickstarts, Sample Code, Sample Apps, and SDKs.
- Build sample applications, demos, and code tutorials that closely match our target customer use cases and work with Marketing to share the source code through various channels.
- Work cross-functionally with customers, sales, marketing, customer success, and engineering to make data-driven decisions around improvements to our documentation.
- Drive cohesiveness between our documentation, the Nylas Dashboard, and our API Platform.
- Create a polished and delightful docs experience for developers who are integrating with the Nylas platform.
- Craft a consistent voice and style across our documentation.
- 5+ years experience writing technical documentation for a developer audience. Bonus points if you’ve worked on API documentation within a B2B SaaS context
- Highly organized, self-managed and a proven ability to work with a globally distributed team
- Strong technical acumen; you can read and write code (Python is preferred). Experience with Node, Java, and/or Ruby is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; you have a knack for translating highly complex subject matter into succinct, easy to understand content pieces and collateral that are compelling, memorable, and captivating.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, start-up environment with aggressive deadlines and a high level of ambiguity.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver with exceptional EQ, communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships up, down, and across the organization.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, and able to deliver high-quality results in a rapidly-changing business environment.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- Tech setup - we’ll make sure you have what you need to work at your best including noise canceling headphones
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- $100 a month health and wellness benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (including recommended 2-week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.