As a Technical Writer at NuORDER, you’ll work with a team of product managers and UX designers to improve our documentation and enhance the overall product experience for our users.
As an individual contributor on a small team, you should ideally have a background in content creation alongside experience working in a product environment. This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
Note: We are open to remote candidates anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates located in Austin, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal are highly preferred.
What Will You Do?
- Help develop a strategic content plan for the knowledge bases in terms of how-to articles, FAQs, reference materials, in-product guides, walk-thrus and checklists, API documentation, to support onboarding and feature adoption.
- Create, edit, and review user-facing and internal documentation and help topics. Conduct content audits to identify gaps in existing knowledge base content.
- Identify user needs using data and feedback across multiple teams/stakeholders (Customer Success, Support, Retail) and prioritize content as necessary.
- Help standardize terminology across content types (in-app, help articles, marketing materials).Work hands-on with features to test functionality, provide usability feedback, and improve designs.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to become familiar with new features and how they enhance NuORDER's customer experience.
What Are We Looking For?
- 3+ years experience as a technical writer.
- Ecommerce and/or B2B SaaS platform experience.
- Degree/Qualifications in English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- Experience designing and delivering customer-facing and technical documentation.
- Experience of creating and maintaining editorial standards in a style guide.
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS) to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content. (E.g. Zendesk).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
NuORDER is a transformative wholesale eCommerce platform connecting merchants and suppliers. The platform is used to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process and to make smarter buys in real-time. Since starting up in 2011, it continues to be the chosen solution for over 3,000 brands and 500,000 retailers globally.
As part of the NuORDER journey, we have joined the Lightspeed family in July 2021! Lightspeed Commerce is the one-stop commerce platform for merchants around the world to simplify, scale and create exceptional customer experiences. By joining forces, we will embolden businesses with the tools they need to simplify their operations, scale their ambitions, and unify the commerce ecosystem.
Our common mission: to ignite businesses everywhere! Come work with us and find out what you can do.
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, stock options, work from home reimbursement and generous/flexible PTO.