Noibu is a fast growing eCommerce software company. Our mission is to help eCommerce leaders increase their web sales by offering exceptional web experiences. We help eCommerce teams deliver an outstanding customer experience by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. We work with pretty cool brands from all over the world such as Guess, Avon, Champion and many more. We like to get things done and have fun while doing it.
Noibu is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. As our first Technical Writer, you will report to our VP, Product and work with internal teams to create high-quality documentation for Noibu.
You will also work alongside Engineering and Marketing to understand and collaborate on position, tone and messaging of documentation. Our ideal candidate has experience working in the tech sector and has knowledge of current technical writing methods, trends and technologies. If you are looking to join one of Ottawa’s fastest growing companies, and take your skillset to the next level in a fast-paced environment - this could be the job for you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of Noibu’s software and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation and knowledge base content that is tailored to our target audience
- Edit, standardize tone and style and update materials prepared by other members of the Product and Engineering Team, including but not limited to knowledge base articles, release notes, dashboard guides, product documentation, and more.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering team to ensure a smooth documentation creation process that sits alongside code implementation
- Work with the Product and Marketing teams to understand and collaborate on positioning, tone and messaging
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Keep up to date on your knowledge of current technical writing methods, trends, and technologies
You Should Have
- 2+ years experience working in technical writing of software documentation
- Superb grammar, spelling, and attention to detail
- Experience in making complex concepts and/or technical products easy to understand
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to provide and maintain the external voice of a company
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If You Have
- A University degree or college diploma in English, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field
- Experience with Markdown and an understanding of “documentation-as-code”
- Analytics or data-centric software product experience
- Experience working at a tech startup, in eCommerce or in the technology sector
What's In It For You?
- Competitive salaries and employee stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation, Noibu bonus days, and winter holiday shutdown
- Health, wellness, and dental benefits from day 1
- Accessible team socials
- Healthy food and snacks
- Work from home options
- Endless learning opportunities and growth
- The best tech, we use Apple computers and many of the top software platforms
- Parking @ our Lansdowne office is covered whenever you come in!
Core to our mission is our people. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us. We believe in compensating our employees well for the amazing work they do. We also like to give back to our team every chance we get.
https://youtu.be/NNW-ikECmd0 - Learn more about Noibu!
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).