MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As Senior Technical Writer, you will consult with multiple departments to author, edit, and review Help Center, Learning, and Dev Portal documentation. You will work with internal resources, interview SMEs, and attend applicable meetings to gather, write, and publish technical documentation for a varied audience. Additionally, you will develop and promote the adoption of documentation templates for learning material and technical documentation, both internal and external.
This role is highly collaborative, and a successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing a diverse set of responsibilities.
- Produce high-quality documentation for software applications.
- Understand the development process and coordinate work with your team accordingly.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and non-technical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality.
- Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication.
- Be part of a team accountable for the delivery of our product.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- You have excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; an eye for consistency and technical accuracy.
- You have relevant professional experience as a technical writer, specifically with API documentation
- You have excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- You have the ability to work independently from a remote location.
- You have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- You have a track record of effective collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to gather and clarify requirements, present solutions, and convey value.
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to identify issues, challenges, and gaps associated with documentation, and to propose potential solutions.
- Experience effectively collaborating with SMEs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, global organization.
- Genuine passion for your work, you’re motivated by our mission.
Ideally You Have…
- You have experience with Markdown and documentation workflows.
- You have experience working in a SaaS company.
- You have experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
- You have experience writing for a software developer audience.
- You have experience in a startup or high growth environment.
What We Offer
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.