Technical Writer at Vertica (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME)
About the Role
Vertica is looking for a talented Information Developer to join our tech-savvy technical documentation team. Our goal is to help readers successfully use the Vertica Unified Analytics Platform, our powerful SQL data warehouse that offers advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities.
Working as an integral part of the engineering team, you’ll create and maintain clear and consistent technical documentation on high-complexity features.
If you're a voracious learner and constantly curious about technology and the world of big data and machine learning, come join a team where your input makes a difference every day.
What We're Looking For
- BS or (MS preferred) degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or related technical/communications field, and/or equivalent experience as a technical communicator
- Familiar with a scripting language, like Python or Bash, or an object-oriented language, like Java or C++
- Experience working with databases, such as SQL products like Postgres or MySQL
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including curiosity, empathy, collaboration, and communication
- High-quality writing samples that you’re proud to share
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with cloud platforms, web services, Linux, XML, and Git is a real plus
- Madcap Flare and wiki-based tools experience
- UI/UX skills, including information architecture, user testing, web accessibility, and user research
- Experience with feedback and analytic tools
- Analyze requirements and functional specifications to plan scope of user-focused documentation for the Vertica Unified Analytics Platform.
- Write high-quality technical content for end users, database administrators, internal support engineers, and field solution architects.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of software engineers, QA, support, product management, UX, and solution architects.
- Create and test sample queries and write SQL examples for the documentation.
- Develop an understanding of how our customers use the product and advocate for improvements to the documentation - and the product - accordingly.
- Help develop writing and process standards to improve documentation consistency and team throughput.
- Become a subject matter expert in your product areas and help define and improve product requirements.
About Our Team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse, and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About Our Product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world’s most data-driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, massively parallel processing (MPP), distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.