Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.
- Create high-quality feature documentation to help ensure customer satisfaction
- Interact with customer-facing teams to understand customer requirements, expectations, and pain points
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely and cooperatively on cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, marketing, support, and customer success
- Gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and create doc plans, outlines, and topics optimized for cloud and mobile platforms
- Optimize online content you develop for search engine findability (SEO)
- Empower junior writers to create their best work via mentoring, reviewing and editing their work, template creating, style guide adherence, and a clear information architecture
- Be the first “customer” and provide helpful feedback within your product team on features, functionality, and UI/UX
- Work with customer data to analyze feedback and drive insights into the content you create.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Technical Communication, Writing, Journalism, or related field of study from an accredited institution
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, G-Suite
- Ideally, but not required: Comala, Scroll, Qualio, and Smartsheet
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Writing or a related role in a software development organization as technical writer, preferably documenting cloud-based software and SaaS products from both user and developer perspective
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills with the ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content creation tools
- Experience working with structured authoring tools and cloud-based component content management systems (CCMS)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics, ideally in pharma or healthcare or other scientific fields
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Positive team attitude focused on problem-solving
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines and handle multiple, competing demands
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to self-edit at a high level
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization, effective scheduling, and time management
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data analysis tools such as Tableau a plus
- Experience with Agile software development, Confluence, and developer workflow tools such as JIRA
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality products on deadline
- Ability to work both on a team and independently
- Experience as an editor or with editing workflows and tools (such as Acrolinx) a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.