Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
We’re looking for an experienced technical writer to join our product team. As a technical writer, you’ll work closely with product managers, product designers, engineers and other subject matter experts to produce high-quality, user-friendly documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
You’ll create customer-facing documentation that helps guide, onboard, and ease the learning curve for new and established customers. You’ll also help craft the process of how content is created, delivered, and shared in the Lucid product ecosystem.
To excel at content creation, you’ll be a self-starter and will work independently to learn new features and functionality and become an expert on Lucid’s products. You’ll be a true user advocate and an all-powerful wielder of the written word.
This role is open to candidates living in the United States to work remotely or from one of our US-based office locations (New Orleans, Dallas, New York)
The ideal candidate for this role will have 3+ years of hands-on professional Technical Writer experience.
- Research, outline, write, and review content for customer-facing product documentation to help Lucid customers and partners meet their business goals.
- Create and implement thoughtful in-app guides to help users with onboarding and education within the Lucid platform.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, product marketing, engineers, customer success and additional stakeholders to ensure that customer needs are being met within our documentation.
- Help to create, maintain, and evolve content guidelines for Lucid’s documentation.
- Measure and contribute to the continuous improvement of Lucid’s online documentation portal.
Need to Have
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skills and effectiveness as a technical writer.
- A clear and friendly writing style and a strong attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Experience creating documentation for technical, digital products, and/or software.
- Fluency working with an agile software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood.
- Experience writing and working with a CMS or other technical content management systems and documentation authoring tools.
- Experience researching new and better ways to communicate to our users, whether that’s auditing new tools, finding better methods of connecting to our users, or something totally new!
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You'll have plenty to do — know where your efforts will have the most impact.
Nice to Have
- Experience with in-app software such as Appcues, Pendo, Iridize, WalkMe, etc.
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back.
- Experience with API documentation and developer personas.
- An appetite for problem solving in a quickly-changing landscape.
- Demonstrated experience increasing product adoption through documentation and content strategy.
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent.
Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.