What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Our mission is to help small businesses and entrepreneurs create and grow their businesses online. Six years and millions of users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Technical Writer, your main goal is to drive user adoption and retention of the Later platform. You’ll achieve this by creating educational content for our existing customers through online courses, product videos, and how-to guides. You’ll work alongside Later’s User Education team within the Customer Success department, and collaborate with the Product, Marketing, and Growth teams. You will produce outcomes-focused content that incorporates the voice and intent of our users.
Our user base has been growing rapidly, and in an effort to optimize retention we need someone to join our Education team who can align all content with the desired outcomes and goals of our users. Education is a big focus for the Customer Success team and you will play a key role in helping our users get long term value from Later.
- Create high quality content for product education courses such as scripts for videos, how to guides, and other user outcomes focused materials for driving knowledge of Later’s key value features
- Build a relationship with Marketing, Growth, Product, and Creative Design teams to align education content with company wide strategy and creative vision
- Support other Customer Success teams by reviewing, auditing, and editing email and in-app content to enhance user activation and onboarding
- Stay up to date with Later’s user segments, understand their desired goals, and how our product can help them get there
- Use data driven insights to inform your strategy on writing the best content for each segment of Later users
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years creating, writing, and editing engaging product, user education, or marketing content
- You have excellent written and verbal skills with an ability to deliver stories to a broad variety of users
- You are obsessed with ensuring users get the most value from Later, and use data to back your decisions on where to prioritize your efforts
- You have a strong ability to collaborate with stakeholders across a variety of other teams
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment. You embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve.
- Experience with creating online courses and user-centred content is highly valued
$62,000 - 69,000
- A generous Education & Conference Budget
- Health Savings Plan
- Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
- Technology Bonus
- Annual Company Retreat
- Vacation & Sick Days
- Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
People & Places (HR), Product, and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note About Applying
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.