Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About The Role
You’ll be part of the multidisciplinary team that builds and runs Klarna Docs, Klarna’s public documentation portal. You’ll contribute to shaping the tone, structure and content quality of Klarna’s technical product documentation to deliver great merchant, partner and developer experiences.
What You Will Do
You’ll play an important role in delivering and maintaining world-class technical product documentation to current and prospective merchants and partners. You’ll also maintain ownership of the cultural changes to keep a high level of innovation and timely execution.
As our technical writer, you’ll be working closely with many diverse parts of the organization to help drive initiatives, support cultural shifts, and consult teams on best practices. You’ll educate your colleagues, provide seed content, and collaborate closely with our content delivery manager to build an efficient and timely content pipeline.
You’ll explore a multitude of products and infrastructure, and contribute to mapping and documenting a consistent view and narrative.
Who You Are
You’re passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You strive to go above and beyond to deliver great results! At Klarna we embrace change, so we want you to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You’re also a good communicator, able to work closely with teams in helping them deliver well-documented, quality products.
You have experience in documenting technical solutions, and you’re up-to-date with current technical writing trends that share our passion for building great products using proven engineering practices.
We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else.
You Should Have
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- English speaking and writing skills at a native speaker level
- Passion for writing, editing and reviewing coherent, engaging documentation
- Experience in working with / defining content style guidelines
- Experience in documenting REST APIs written in Swagger / Open API
- Experience with Git
- Experience in interviewing, interacting with multiple stakeholders and extracting structured information out of complex information and dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to digest, dissect and explain complex technical concepts
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
- The drive to proactively seek out information and contribute to ongoing initiatives
- Experience in educating large organizations
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Experience in leading other technical writers
- Experience in using language style validators tools like proselinter, vale
What We Offer
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Berlin’s city center.
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognize that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV in English when applying for the role.
We believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.