All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals.
JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role
Do you have an affinity for technology and maybe even experience as a developer?
Are you able to communicate complicated concepts in a way that's clear and engaging? Are you driven by helping people solve problems? If so, come help one of Colorado’s hottest SaaS startups step up our user assistance.
We’re searching for a skilled writer who’s eager to explore innovative technology and launch our customers to rapid success with engaging, informative user assistance. You’ll develop a deep knowledge of the product and problems it solves by digging in directly with the product and working with talented people across the organization. Armed with that knowledge, you’ll create user assistance for our mixed audience of technical and non-technical users.
We’re a fast-paced environment that always strives for excellence and efficiency, while making room for new ideas and creativity. This opportunity will utilize your aptitude for technology and grow your expertise as a writer.
What You’ll Do
- Produce informative and approachable online help and other forms of user assistance
- Assist our UX team with copy for our user interfaces
- Use and contribute to team voice, tone, and style standards
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) of an advanced, cloud-based IT tool
- Set personal timelines and schedules to accommodate shifting priorities
- Work with cross functional teams to understand and refine content
- BA in Technical Writing, English or similar; BS in Engineering, Computer Science
- 3-5+ years relevant work experience in product documentation / technical writing, preferably in a cloud-based, enterprise software company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Expertise with basic documentation software
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Nice to haves
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Salesforce Knowledge
- Experience as a developer or writing API documentation
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, Single sign-on, Windows, macOS and Linux, screen capture software
If you don’t have these skills, but you’re a strong technical writer with a desire to learn, we’re still happy to consider your application. It’s important to know that this is a job that requires rigorous training followed by clear communication in deeply technical subject matter such as authentication, system management, and networking.
Please submit your résumé, a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud, and a link to several writing samples that show us your best work. Please note that JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $60,000-$75,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where You’ll Be Working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.