Ironclad is on a mission to power the world’s contracts, and our Digital Customer Success team is a critical part of making that mission a reality. Reporting to the Manager, Learning Experience Design, the Technical Writer will ensure that the documentation for our products is accessible, accurate, and comprehensive. We are looking for great writers with strong technical backgrounds, who are passionate about driving better customer experiences.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Technical Writer with a SaaS background, who is ready to be part of building our Learning Experience Design team from the ground up at a high-growth company. As the first Technical Writer hire, this is an opportunity not just to build amazing content, but to help build the processes and systems we need to scale as we grow the team and our offerings.
What You'll Be Doing
- Continuously improve Ironclad’s documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, Learning Experience Designers, Customer Support, and others.
- Write and edit content for all new and enhanced features
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media (images, video) and work with the Learning Experience Design team to drive improvements
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure in the Help Center in partnership with the Customer Support team
- Help review and triage incoming documentation suggestions, corrections, and other content from the Ironclad community and internal teams
What You'll Need
- Experience writing, editing, researching, and planning software documentation
- Excellent skills in grammar and content architecture
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a relevant, accessible way
- Experience at a high growth SaaS company strongly preferred
- Strong empathy and desire to understand customer needs and goals. Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into data or talk to customers/SMEs and understand the need
- Very collaborative team player who fosters strong working relationships across teams
- Applied knowledge of learning theory, psychology, customer communication, or another related field
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.