The Service Select Technical Writer is responsible for writing and/or editing technical documents, including standard operating procedures, reports, user manuals, portfolio briefings/presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, training materials and other project deliverables as assigned. Develops outlines and drafts for review and approval by Senior Program Manager, ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations; including 508 compliance requirements as needed. Presents materials for clients to review and provide input, and incorporates revisions based on direct client feedback. Researches and gathers technical and background information for inclusion in documentation and deliverables. Consults relevant information sources and client and project personnel to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing deliverables and conducts document reviews across portfolio. Curates and maintains all content on the Service Select SharePoint site and client SharePoint sites as needed
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures across the portfolio
- SharePoint site management and content management
- Develops and updates software development life-cycle (SDLC) process documentation
- Edits and maintains portfolio wiki pages in Atlassian tool suite
- Coordinates with program management teams to identify needs for new program or project documents
- Updates User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and release documentation including lessons learned
- Prepares presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using established templates and/or establishing new templates based on technical document or presentation
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to conduct oneself with the confidence, professionalism, and empowerment of a senior member, including making sound decisions
- Background in Program Operations is highly desirable
- Diverse customer, global, and services experience in an IT environment
- Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns
- Technical writing and editing, including editorial practice and standards
- Document/graphic design and development standards including 508 compliance
- Industry-wide best practices in technical writing style guides
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in technical writing experience
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.