Are you looking for a challenging technology area? Do you enjoy learning, collaborating, and sharing knowledge to deliver high-quality documentation? Are you a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and meets deadlines?
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you! You may be a great fit for our Technical Writer position at InfluxData!
As a member of our Documentation team, you’ll help developers integrate with InfluxDB. You’ll create concise, useful content that delights developers using our platform.
Connect with our engineers and subject matter experts to review, edit, and verify that documentation content is consistent, accurate, and relevant for community needs.
What You’ll Do
- Create, publish, and maintain accurate and easy-to-digest technical documentation. Are familiar with conceptual, procedural, and reference documentation, formulating examples and real-life use cases.
- Research, collect, and interpret technical data and information. Meet with SMEs and others as needed.
- Gather feedback from internal and external stakeholders, and gain hands-on experience working with our platform in various development environments.
- Write, edit, and run own work locally to verify content, links, headers, indexing, menu, and keywords are correct.
- Publish content that adheres to our style guide and conventions.
- Ensure documentation is current with release updates.
- Routinely monitor assigned projects, keeping GitHub issue and PR statuses up-to-date.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering teams on new release documentation and content updates.
- Work closely with Marketing team on shared content, SEO, and connections across marketing and docs content.
- Work closely with Support team and community to address both internal and external customer-facing issues.
Your Skills and Experience
- Passion for technology and “try-it-out-yourself” work style
- Writing and editing experience
- Experience authoring in markdown and GitHub
- Simplify abstract concepts
- Ability to create basic code examples in one or more programming/scripting languages
- Ability to create content plans and schedules and meet milestones and deadlines
- Portfolio of writing samples, developer guides a plus
- Understanding of web services technologies and HTTP request-response protocol
It’s a Plus if You Have
- Familiarity with programming languages like Go (Golang)
- Experience working with query languages
- Familiarity with basic statistical functions such as arithmetic means, averages, standard deviations, definite integrals, etc.
Our Commitment to You
- Challenging work within diverse global teams working on the cutting edge of technology.
- A great work environment focused on learning, getting stuff done, and interacting with cool people.
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We Offer Fantastic Benefits; in The US These Include
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.