We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a motivated Technical Writer to support a cross-functional team implementing an innovative technical solution on the Appian platform for a new US Federal Government client.
Our IT Modernization division is an information technology and management consulting department that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ICF has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, plan, track and manage all documentation requirements across project teams.
- Support Project Managers and Team Leads in strategic communications planning, materials development, related research and end user outreach.
- Engage with individual project teams to support the development and peer review of written contractual deliverables in the form of plans, procedures, guides and roadmaps.
- Define and implement document style guides and standards for all documentation deliverables.
- Ensure content and look-and-feel consistency across all deliverables.
- Maintain versions of documentation under configuration control.
- Assume ownership of project tasks and, with oversight from senior team members, complete key deliverables.
- Provide packaging and delivery support to meet client-defined stage gates.
- 3 years of experience in the definition and implementation of document style guides and standards for plans, procedures, guides and roadmaps.
- 3 years of functional and/or technical content design and development in any of the following areas: project management, architecture, security, quality assurance, training and/or change management.
- 3 years of experience with the definition and use of document configuration control processes.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and graphics.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at the same time.
- Expert in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and project management skills.
- US Citizenship required due to federal contract requirements.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Foundational knowledge of the Appian platform.
- Experience working in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Experience supporting US Federal Government clients.