We are a global technology, architecture, engineering, and planning firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
From data analytics and production development, straight through the turnkey system delivery, we guide clients from the discovery phase to implementation and beyond. The Traveler Information Systems team builds and delivers innovative software products for a wide range of City and State agencies. Like a start-up ecosystem, but inside a larger firm, our team is a fundamental part of transforming IBI’s business models, exploring future tech disruptions, and fostering innovation. We are constantly looking for ways to bring innovative new technology solutions to urban environments.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group is seeking a professional Technical Writer to join our expanding Traveler Information team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents, manuals, and converting internal knowledge into compelling semi-technical business development material. The ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with technical staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer in the technology industry, we encourage you to apply. Please note this is a remote role in the U.S.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit manuals, technical documents, operational procedures, and business development materials
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Analyze, document and validate business requirements from business users and functional specification requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Document process flows for current / proposed processed, workflows, and data flows.
- Interface between business and technical teams and translate technical and business designs and requirements.
- Communicate with project managers, subject matter experts, end users and senior executives.
- Acts as liaison between business and system areas.
- Assist in the review and validation of training material and support the business process and work flow aspects of its delivery to personnel.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 2-4 years of technical writing or business analyst experience in a technologies role
- Exposure to requirements gathering and solution design, installation, configuration and testing, training
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Project, PowerPoint and business systems
- Expertise in graphics creation utilizing modern tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with confidential information
- Travel may include domestic or international travel on a limited basis.
This position is a remote role in the U.S. Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team.
The floors are open concept and creative and represent our collaborative approach to projects. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
We request applicants submit Resume AND Work Sample highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability.