HIROTEC AMERICA is the world’s leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art body shop tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers around the globe.
Currently seeking a dynamic Technical Writer to become part of the HIROTEC AMERICA team.
This position will be responsible for preparing manufacturing documentation to include safety, operations, and maintenance requirements for various types of automotive assembly tooling. Support training and marketing departments as required. Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications by performing the following duties.
- Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Use pre-defined Microsoft Word templates, plant layout, process sheets or RWD's and controls drawings to produce operations and maintenance manuals.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding. Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material. Assists in laying out material for publication.
The position requirements include a minimum of two years’ experience in a writing environment and tooling experience. Strong Microsoft office skills and exceptional interpersonal skills. Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Automotive knowledge preferred.
Excellent work environment and benefits await you!