Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, and a global presence. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
Exciting Opportunity Awaits
As a senior technical writer, you will eliminate knowledge gaps that exist between our technology solutions and our customers’ audit, risk, and compliance challenges. To be successful in this role, you will see beyond buttons and features to create multi-channel, single-sourced content that answers the real questions our users have.
HighBond, our SAAS GRC platform, leads the industry. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on executing our ambitious strategy by driving usage of our platform across multiple teams and use cases. Simplifying the complex will be an exciting journey - you'll learn constantly, creatively solve problems, and work alongside an experienced, capable, and supportive team of technical writers, instructional designers, and others based in Canada, the United States, and India.
What You Will Do
- Join two to three of our cross-functional agile teams (we call them Brigades) and take independent, decisive action to support and enhance our product vision.
- Help build an ecosystem of information by owning and enhancing API commentary, help content, release notes, and in-product text for your brigades' areas of focus.
- Work with product managers, UX designers, developers, QA, and localization team members to research, write, edit, and publish technical content.
- Empower users, administrators, and developers with relevant content that answers their actual questions and improves product engagement. Going beyond your instinct, you’ll validate these efforts through audience research and data analysis, helping you build a roadmap of content investments that are driven by the needs of your readers.
- Coach and provide feedback to more junior team members.
- Meet project schedules and quality standards, complying with guidelines for style, accessibility, and translation.
What You Need to Succeed
- 10+ years of experience as a technical writer, at least some of which was in an agile/SaaS software development environment.
- Degree in English, Computer Science, or a related field. A technical communication certificate is desirable.
- Fluency in American English with excellent written and oral communication skills. You must be able to author content with a Flesch reading-ease score between 50 and 70.
- Demonstrated proficiency writing topic-based, single-sourced web content using HTML, XML, and CSS.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with developers to create content for REST APIs.
- Experience with standard planning, tracking, and help authoring tools, like: Jira, Flare, Git, Snagit, and Visio.
- The ability to actively seek out new opportunities to make strategic improvements, communicate value, and develop meaningful relationships.
- A passion to understand how people process and use complex information.
- A desire to challenge yourself and work across functions and departments to help us create content that is a core part of, and not an addendum to, someone’s journey through our products.
- Experience building in-app onboarding programs and tutorials.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
1. You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
2. Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
3. You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.